- -src_word_vec_size  Word embedding size for src.
- -tgt_word_vec_size  Word embedding size for tgt.
- -word_vec_size [-1] Word embedding size for src and tgt.
- -share_decoder_embeddings  Use a shared weight matrix for the input and output word embeddings in the decoder.
- -share_embeddings  Share the word embeddings between encoder and decoder. Need to use shared dictionary for this option.
- -position_encoding  Use a sin to mark relative words positions. Necessary for non-RNN style models.
- -feat_merge [concat] Merge action for incorporating features embeddings. Options [concat|sum|mlp].
- -feat_vec_size [-1] If specified, feature embedding sizes will be set to this. Otherwise, feat_vec_exponent will be used.
- -feat_vec_exponent [0.7] If -feat_merge_size is not set, feature embedding sizes will be set to N^feat_vec_exponent where N is the number of values the feature takes.
- -model_type [text] Type of source model to use. Allows the system to incorporate non-text inputs. Options are [text|img|audio].
- -encoder_type [rnn] Type of encoder layer to use. Non-RNN layers are experimental. Options are [rnn|brnn|mean|transformer|cnn].
- -decoder_type [rnn] Type of decoder layer to use. Non-RNN layers are experimental. Options are [rnn|transformer|cnn].
- -layers [-1] Number of layers in enc/dec.
- -enc_layers  Number of layers in the encoder
- -dec_layers  Number of layers in the decoder
- -rnn_size [-1] Size of rnn hidden states. Overwrites enc_rnn_size and dec_rnn_size
- -enc_rnn_size  Size of encoder rnn hidden states. Must be equal to dec_rnn_size except for speech-to-text.
- -dec_rnn_size  Size of decoder rnn hidden states. Must be equal to enc_rnn_size except for speech-to-text.
- -audio_enc_pooling  The amount of pooling of audio encoder, either the same amount of pooling across all layers indicated by a single number, or different amounts of pooling per layer separated by comma.
- -cnn_kernel_width  Size of windows in the cnn, the kernel_size is (cnn_kernel_width, 1) in conv layer
- -input_feed  Feed the context vector at each time step as additional input (via concatenation with the word embeddings) to the decoder.
- -bridge  Have an additional layer between the last encoder state and the first decoder state
- -rnn_type [LSTM] The gate type to use in the RNNs
- -brnn 
- -context_gate  Type of context gate to use. Do not select for no context gate.
- -global_attention [general] The attention type to use: dotprod or general (Luong) or MLP (Bahdanau)
- -global_attention_function [softmax]
- -self_attn_type [scaled-dot] Self attention type in Transformer decoder layer – currently “scaled-dot” or “average”
- -heads  Number of heads for transformer self-attention
- -transformer_ff  Size of hidden transformer feed-forward
- -copy_attn  Train copy attention layer.
- -generator_function [softmax] Which function to use for generating probabilities over the target vocabulary (choices: softmax, sparsemax)
- -copy_attn_force  When available, train to copy.
- -reuse_copy_attn  Reuse standard attention for copy
- -copy_loss_by_seqlength  Divide copy loss by length of sequence
- -coverage_attn  Train a coverage attention layer.
- -lambda_coverage  Lambda value for coverage.
- -data  Path prefix to the “.train.pt” and “.valid.pt” file path from preprocess.py
- -save_model [model] Model filename (the model will be saved as <save_model>_N.pt where N is the number of steps
- -save_checkpoint_steps  Save a checkpoint every X steps
- -reset_optim [none] Ability to reset optimizer. Options: “all”: reset completely the optimizer (train_steps, type of optim, ….), “states”: load everything from the checkpoint except Adam states, “keep_states”: load Adam states from the checkpoint but apply command line changes
- -keep_checkpoint [-1] Keep X checkpoints (negative: keep all)
- -gpuid  Deprecated see world_size and gpu_ranks.
- -gpu_ranks  list of ranks of each process.
- -world_size  total number of distributed processes.
- -gpu_backend [nccl] Type of torch distributed backend
- -gpu_verbose_level  Gives more info on each process per GPU.
- -master_ip [localhost] IP of master for torch.distributed training.
- -master_port  Port of master for torch.distributed training.
- -seed [-1] Random seed used for the experiments reproducibility.
- -param_init [0.1] Parameters are initialized over uniform distribution with support (-param_init, param_init). Use 0 to not use initialization
- -param_init_glorot  Init parameters with xavier_uniform. Required for transfomer.
- -train_from  If training from a checkpoint then this is the path to the pretrained model’s state_dict.
- -pre_word_vecs_enc  If a valid path is specified, then this will load pretrained word embeddings on the encoder side. See README for specific formatting instructions.
- -pre_word_vecs_dec  If a valid path is specified, then this will load pretrained word embeddings on the decoder side. See README for specific formatting instructions.
- -fix_word_vecs_enc  Fix word embeddings on the encoder side.
- -fix_word_vecs_dec  Fix word embeddings on the decoder side.
- -batch_size  Maximum batch size for training
- -batch_type [sents] Batch grouping for batch_size. Standard is sents. Tokens will do dynamic batching
- -normalization [sents] Normalization method of the gradient.
- -accum_count  Accumulate gradient this many times. Approximately equivalent to updating batch_size * accum_count batches at once. Recommended for Transformer.
- -valid_steps  Perfom validation every X steps
- -valid_batch_size  Maximum batch size for validation
- -max_generator_batches  Maximum batches of words in a sequence to run the generator on in parallel. Higher is faster, but uses more memory.
- -train_steps  Number of training steps
- -epochs  Deprecated epochs see train_steps
- -optim [sgd] Optimization method.
- -adagrad_accumulator_init  Initializes the accumulator values in adagrad. Mirrors the initial_accumulator_value option in the tensorflow adagrad (use 0.1 for their default).
- -max_grad_norm  If the norm of the gradient vector exceeds this, renormalize it to have the norm equal to max_grad_norm
- -dropout [0.3] Dropout probability; applied in LSTM stacks.
- -truncated_decoder  Truncated bptt.
- -adam_beta1 [0.9] The beta1 parameter used by Adam. Almost without exception a value of 0.9 is used in the literature, seemingly giving good results, so we would discourage changing this value from the default without due consideration.
- -adam_beta2 [0.999] The beta2 parameter used by Adam. Typically a value of 0.999 is recommended, as this is the value suggested by the original paper describing Adam, and is also the value adopted in other frameworks such as Tensorflow and Kerras, i.e. see: https://www.tensorflow.org/api_docs/python/tf/train/AdamOptimizer https://keras.io/optimizers/ . Whereas recently the paper “Attention is All You Need” suggested a value of 0.98 for beta2, this parameter may not work well for normal models / default baselines.
- -label_smoothing  Label smoothing value epsilon. Probabilities of all non-true labels will be smoothed by epsilon / (vocab_size - 1). Set to zero to turn off label smoothing. For more detailed information, see: https://arxiv.org/abs/1512.00567
- -learning_rate [1.0] Starting learning rate. Recommended settings: sgd = 1, adagrad = 0.1, adadelta = 1, adam = 0.001
- -learning_rate_decay [0.5] If update_learning_rate, decay learning rate by this much if (i) perplexity does not decrease on the validation set or (ii) steps have gone past start_decay_steps
- -start_decay_steps  Start decaying every decay_steps after start_decay_steps
- -decay_steps  Decay every decay_steps
- -decay_method  Use a custom decay rate.
- -warmup_steps  Number of warmup steps for custom decay.
- -report_every  Print stats at this interval.
- -log_file  Output logs to a file under this path.
- -exp_host  Send logs to this crayon server.
- -exp  Name of the experiment for logging.
- -tensorboard  Use tensorboardX for visualization during training. Must have the library tensorboardX.
- -tensorboard_log_dir [runs/onmt] Log directory for Tensorboard. This is also the name of the run.
- -sample_rate  Sample rate.
- -window_size [0.02] Window size for spectrogram in seconds.
- -image_channel_size  Using grayscale image can training model faster and smaller